- What does a membership to MichaelCooper.co.nz provide?
- How do I become a member?
- How do I purchase a gift subscription?
- How do I redeem a gift subscription?
- What does a membership cost?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I buy Michael’s books?
- Can I get previous editions of Michael’s books?
- What information about me is collected by the website?
- Why am I getting error messages on the website?
- As a winery, how do I get my wines reviewed by Michael?
- Where do I send my wines for review?
- How do I submit my wines for Rapid Review?
- How do I submit my wines for a Theme Tasting?
What does a membership to MichaelCooper.co.nz provide?
In an average year, Michael Cooper tastes around 3,000 wines. That’s about 8 wines a day if you are doing the maths at home. He really knows what he is talking about and this wealth of knowledge has earned him the position of New Zealand’s most acclaimed wine writer. By becoming a member you can tap into that vast vault of expertise to make better wine choices yourself. When you become a member of this site, you have access to:
- Over 20,000 wine tasting notes from the 2012-2020 editions of his annual book “New Zealand Wines – Michael Cooper’s Buyer’s Guide”.
- New reviews added throughout the year with a new batch of tasting notes uploaded once a month.
- Detailed Vintage reports
- Regional vintage charts
- Maps of New Zealand’s wine regions
- The ability to save and organise your favourite wines.
The best part is that all memberships come with a free no-commitment 7-day trial so you can try the site’s members-only content for yourself. Cancel your membership before the seven days are up and you won’t be charged a thing. If you want to continue using the site, the annual cost is just $39.99 NZD per year, which works out at a teeny $3.30 per month. You only need to make a few well informed wine choices and the membership has paid for itself. To sign up, click here. Santé!
How do I become a member?
Click the Purchase a Membership button on this website, enter your details and pay for your subscription via our secure payment page. An email will be sent to you confirming your membership.
How do I purchase a gift subscription?
To gift a membership to someone click here. Enter your details, then pay for the gift subscription via PayPal or Credit/Debit Card. You will receive an email with the coupon code for your intended recipient. You can send this email on to your intended recipient. It contains the instructions to redeem their gift certificate.
How do I redeem a gift subscription?
You will have received an emailed letter confirming your gift and containing your gift code. Click here, enter your details, and click the “Have a Coupon?” option. Then finalise the free purchase of a year’s subscription.
What does membership cost?
Our annual membership is $39.99 New Zealand dollars. This is a recurring cost, paid out automatically each year on your billing date.
How do I change my password?
- Login to your account here.
- In the My Account screen click on Edit Profile.
- Scroll down to the bottom and you will see a field to change your password.
- Press “Update” to confirm the password change.
What information about me is collected by the website?
Where can I buy Michael Cooper’s books?
Michael’s books are available from all good booksellers in New Zealand.
You can also get them online.
Can I purchase previous editions?
While the previous year’s edition may still be available, older editions are out of print and no longer able to be purchased. However, tasting notes from the nine most recent editions are all available on this website, along with Online Editions of the Buyer’s Guide from 2012-present, under the Menu option “Online Editions”.
Why am I getting error messages on the website?
How do I get my wines reviewed in New Zealand Wines?
All New Zealand wines tasted by Michael are reviewed in his annual New Zealand Wines, published each November on the website and as a printed book. Michael also adds new reviews throughout the year to the website, focusing on recent releases that offer standout quality or value.
To have your wines reviewed, please send a sample bottle of each wine (bottled ready for sale), an indication of its approximate retail price in New Zealand, and any background information, to Michael.
Where do I send wines for review?
You can send the wines and their relevant information via courier to:
28 Park Avenue
How do I submit my wines for Fast Access?
To submit a wine for Fast Access – whereby you can organise to have your wines reviewed in the next month’s Tasting Notes – you can go to the form here. This is a paid service but it is a payment for your wine to be reviewed more quickly, and not a payment for the review itself.
How do I submit my wine for a Theme Tasting?
Firstly, you will want to sign up for the Industry Mailing List, so you will be able to get notifications about which theme tastings are coming up. You can then either follow the link in the email, or go directly to the Theme Tasting Submission form here. Once you have submitted your form, deliver your wines to Michael as described above.